Many inquiries for specific datasets seem to be in regards to datasets lost to linkrot. I've answered a couple simply by finding them in the wayback machine; so my question is: do I continue to answer each one by searching for them? or is there a way to point them to a definitive answer?
on that note, perhaps we could create a question "How Can I Find Missing Data" (that could be worded much better), and then answer it with the wayback machine, then direct users there?

Here's the question/answer I created:
Searching for Open Data Dataset That is No Longer Online

  • 2
    Whatever the consensus here will turn out to be: Go ahead and create that question, answer it yourself, collect the reputation, and wear it proudly :) Mar 15, 2015 at 10:53
  • @PatrickHoefler ok i'll do it. i know you edit regularly, but please keep an eye out and help me with the wording...i think i did a pretty poor job wording this question here ;)
    – albert
    Mar 15, 2015 at 12:58
  • I'm sure you'll do just fine :) Mar 15, 2015 at 13:03


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .