Hi Open Data folks,
we were just starting a Semantic Web/Web Data/Open Data community, and struggling with questions of names and scope, when we were pointed to the beta Open Data community here, which clearly overlaps in many ways.
So we were wondering how open the Open Data community was to allowing questions to be added with tags that were related to issues such as:
- Semantic Web Standards
- Access control on Data (remembering Tim Berner's Lee's presentation slide on the data spectrum at the ODI summit a few years ago, and authentication
- questions about publication of different formats and http content negotiation. Perhaps even issues relating to how HTTP 2.0 changes the picture
- mathematical logic issues with data
- implementation issues with libraries (if those are not better on stack overflow)
- Questions on Query languages.
- Perhaps even hyper-app development issues
Of course each of those would require a specific tag, as I suppose questions on all SE sites do, to help people follow their favorite subjects. I don't see a problem with being very wide in a SE forum, since Stack Overflow groups together people doing all kinds of languages, most of whose experts or engineers rarely interact (except perhaps through mathematical formulas and category theory).
How should one proceed to see if this forum or a different one would be better options? Should one even go so far as to create a much bigger forum that brings all IETF and W3C standads together (as I suggested at least as a thought experiment)