Founder of OfftheGridMaps.com who designs and sells print-at-home or GPS-enabled Montana Outdoor Recreation maps.
I use Python for process and workflow automation, database reporting & manipulation, and developing new spatial tools. I've using GIS for 20+ years, mostly ESRI, but recently leaning towards more open-source tools (QGIS, PostGIS, GDAL/OGR, web-based tools).
My main interests are location analytics, blending Business Intelligence with spatial analysis. Examples include retail/real estate site selection, trade area analysis, customer research, and marketing through demographic analysis.
- Geographic Information Systems 22k 22k 1414 gold badges9797 silver badges160160 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Photography 259 259 11 gold badge22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Earth Science 215 215 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Open Data 169 169 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 55 Creating drive time polygons using Open Source tools?
- 54 Selecting features with NULL attributes in QGIS?
- 49 Making spatial view in PostGIS and adding it as layer in QGIS?
- 43 Select features that do NOT intersect in PostGIS
- 39 Curved point-to-point "route maps"
- 38 Shapefile PRJ to PostGIS SRID lookup table?
- 37 How to Start Web Mapping?
- View more network posts →